How to Apply
University High School offers rolling admissions for applicants, meaning we review applications in the order they are received. Families interested in financial aid should apply early in the student’s 8th grade year to ensure maximum scholarship opportunities. Families interested in transferring after the start of the 9th grade year should visit our transfer student page for more information on the application process.
- Schedule a shadow visit. During a shadow visit, students spend a day attending classes, meeting teachers, and getting to know students. Many students say the shadow visit is their favorite part of the application process. To schedule a shadow visit, contact Nancy Webster, director of admission, at 317-733-4475, ext. 102, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit an application. Families may now apply online to University High School. Or you may download a PDF copy of our application for admission and submit it with the $50 application fee.
- Complete the entrance exam. Students applying for freshman admission should take the Independent School Entrance Examination (ISEE). See the next tab for details. Our school code is 154010.
- Submit academic records. Complete the student record release consent form and submit it to your child’s current school. They will send us a copy of the student’s complete records, including grades, testing results, immunization records, and attendance reports.
- Obtain a letter of recommendation. Ask a faculty member or administrator from your child’s current school to complete a letter of recommendation. The person writing the recommendation letter should submit it directly to University High School via mail or fax.
- Receive notification of admission status. When the student’s application file is complete (with all of the materials listed above), we will notify your family within a few days of your student’s admission status.
Independent School Entrance Examination (ISEE)
The Independent School Entrance Examination (ISEE) is a three-hour admission test for University High School and many other independent schools. It comprises five parts:
- Verbal reasoning
- Quantitative reasoning
- Reading comprehension
- Mathematics achievement
- Prompted essay
Registering for the ISEE
You can register for the ISEE by mail, by telephone, by fax or by clicking the green button above. The school code for University High School is 154010. Testing dates, testing locations and sample questions are available online at www.iseetest.org.
Saturday test dates are available on a monthly basis by appointment only. 2016-17 test dates at University High School (one of the Central Indiana test sites) are:
- September 10, 2016
- October 8, 2016
- November 5, 2016
- December 3, 2016
- January 7, 2017
- February 4, 2017
- March 4, 2017
- April 15, 2017
- May 6, 2017
- June 10, 2017
On the test day, students should arrive at Fairbanks Hall at 8:00 a.m., and parents should pick them up at 11:30 a.m. Please contact Taylor Newell, assistant director of admission, at 317-733-4475, ext. 421 or via email at email@example.com for more information on test dates.
Sunday testing is available by request. Please contact Nancy Webster at 317-733-4475, ext. 102 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a Sunday test.
If you have any questions about the application process or the school itself, please contact Nancy Webster, director of admission, at 317-733-4475, ext. 102, or via email at email@example.com. University High School welcomes students without regard to race, gender, religious affiliation, ethnicity, or socioeconomic status.