What is Canoeing for Kids?
Canoeing for Kids is a fun charity event on Sunday, September 10. Students, parents, friends, and faculty are invited for two hours of canoeing on the white river and a cookout afterward! Participants canoe to raise money for Niños con Valor orphanage in Cochabamba, Bolivia.
- Two orphanages in Cochabamba, Bolivia, that members of the UHS community have visited on service trips
- Opened in 2007 by Tyson Malo after seeing corruption in other orphanages
- One of the only orphanages in Bolivia that takes in children living with HIV/AIDS
- A place that provides children with education, piano lessons, birthday celebrations, plans for college, and so much more!
- You can canoe with one or two of your best friends — or meet some new ones!
- Canoeing is fun!
- There will be food!
- Sometimes there are cute turtles in the river!
- You’ll be supporting an awesome cause!
- Did we say there will be food?
- Sign up on the sheet at Kathy Davis’s desk — or email Nila Nealy and ask her to add your name.
- The event is $20 per person and is from 12:30 to 5 p.m., Sunday, September 10, at White River Canoe Company, 17180 River Rd, Noblesville, IN 46060.