Proceeds from the Spirit Run will benefit the University High School Parent Association and School on Wheels.
At University High School, students' education is a partnership among parents, students, faculty, and administrators. University High School keeps students motivated and enthusiastic about learning; challenges students to do their best; encourages parents to participate in their child's education; maintains discipline; supports a climate that says it is okay to study and excel; and prepares students academically for college.
School on Wheels is Indianapolis' answer to increasing educational opportunities for school-aged homeless children in order to create economic opportunities necessary to break the cycle of homelessness.
They help complement the access to public education with tools for educational success. Since 2001, School on Wheels has:
- Trained 1,740 community volunteer tutors.
- Provided tutoring for 11 homeless providers.
- Provided tutoring to 3,287 unique school-aged homeless children.
- Provided over 33,256 tutoring sessions.
- Distributed nearly 1,522 backpacks filled with school supplies to homeless children.
- Distributed over 8,091 articles of clothing for school uniforms to homeless children.