Daily Schedule at University
University High School’s school hours are 8:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
University High School opens at 7:20 a.m. each day that school is in session. Students who have completed their self-screening form for the day can arrive as early as 7:20 a.m.
Updated Schedule Grid
For the 2020-21 school year, University High School launched a redesigned daily schedule. This schedule is flexible enough to be used whether students are on campus, fully in e-learning, or in the hybrid model.
Schedule Update: Due to student feedback, we have made small tweaks to the R1 and R2 schedules for the spring semester. The schedule to the right is the updated version.
Features of the R1/R2 schedule include:
- Each class will meet for 70 minutes every other day, so students will have no more than 3-4 academic classes on a given day.
- Passing periods are extended to 10 minutes, which facilitates the safety needs of students on campus and helps mitigate Zoom fatigue for those in e-learning.
- There is dedicated handwashing time before and after lunch.
- A 15-minute Community Meeting is part of the daily schedule. For the time being, we expect students will remain in their classrooms and the meeting will be held virtually.
- Academic Flex Time is built into each day, giving students dedicated time for visiting teachers’ office hours, taking reassessments, holding club meetings, and working on small group projects.
- Seminar Period is dedicated time for students to engage in community building, student wellness, (virtual) assemblies, and more. While the Seminar Period is not an academic course and will not have homework or traditional assessments, it is part of the daily schedule and students are expected to attend.
Amended Daily Schedule for January Term (in May)
During January Term, regular classes run from 9:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. daily. Each day is generally broken into three sessions, as shown below.
9:15-10:40 a.m. — J-Term Session 1
10:45-11:00 a.m. — Morning Meeting
11:05 a.m.-12:25 p.m. — J-Term Session 2
12:30-1:10 p.m. — Lunch
1:15-3:15 p.m. — J-Term Session 3