University High School’s Learning Support Services (LSS) program, under the direction of Ellyn Walerstein and Brett Krieble, provides academic support for students who have been diagnosed with learning differences or for students who use academic accommodations as per their IEP or 504 Plan. (Current supporting documentation is required for accommodations.)
Services provided by LSS include:
- AM Check to help students with organization and time-management skills
- Peer-led “Lunch and Learn” study groups
- Homework Club
- Peer tutoring and professional tutoring referral services
- Accommodations for standardized tests, AP exams, and college entrance exams
- Instruction in study skills, test-taking skills, organizational and learning strategies, writing strategies, and time management skills.
Through the services provided at University High School, we are confident our son is set up for success in college. Mrs. Walerstein has done a great job working with him on organizational skills and study skills.Allan Wolford
Contact Learning Support Services
Learn more about our Learning Support Services program and ways we can help your student succeed.