Summer U at University High School
University’s mission — to expand the hearts and minds of students and to nurture excellence through academic, creative, and physical achievement — doesn’t stop just because it’s summer! Students and campers in grades K-12 from all over are welcome to Summer U at University High School for enrichment camps, academic workshops, and for-credit classes.
Camps and workshops at Summer U cover everything from leadership, study skills, robotics, rocketry, computer programming and development to sports, theatre, visual arts, and creative writing. And for campers who need a little extra time at University, before and aftercare is available.
Summer U programs are led by seasoned adult educators and designed to provide a fun and active experience for learners who are curious and on the go. All programs take place in University High School’s hands-on indoor and outdoor classrooms and athletic facilities on our 85-acre campus.
Registration for Summer U at University High School opens in February 2020. In the meantime, here are a few facts for your planning.
- Summer U includes enrichment camps in half-day (9 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m.) and full-day (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.) formats.
- Note: Primetime sports camps may follow a slightly different schedule. Before and aftercare available for Primetime campers.
- Beforecare opens at 7:30 a.m. and ends when morning camps begin. Aftercare begins at the end of afternoon camps and ends at 6 p.m.
- For campers who stay from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., we offer a supervised lunch period with unstructured play time. Campers bring their lunch from home.
- Half-day camps: $160*
- Full-day camps: $320*
- Beforecare: $11 per day or $37 per week
- Aftercare: $15 per day or $50 per week
- *Limited camps may have slightly increased fees. Primetime sports camp fees will be published as soon as they are available.
Food and Drink
- Campers are asked to bring their own lunch.
- Please note that we do not have refrigeration to accommodate all campers.
- Bringing snacks and water bottles (we have filtered water fillers) is highly recommended.
- Snacks are provided for after-care.
If you have any questions about our summer programming, please contact Nila Nealy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-733-4475, ext. 125.