Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about the admission process at University High School.
When will I receive a decision about admission?
Applicants will receive notification of an admission decision approximately two weeks after each admission deadline.
After the December 1 regular admission deadline, we will continue to accept applications on a rolling basis, so long as there is still space available. Notification of those admission decisions will typically come two weeks after the completed application is received.
What is required for admission to University High School?
- Applicants must attend an admission event and/or communicate with a Director of Admission.
- Applicants must spend a day on our campus as a shadow guest. (Starting in 2023-24, the shadow visit sign up form is included in the application for admission.)
- Finally, applicants must submit an application for admission, which requires the following information:
- Student information and questionnaire
- Family information and questionnaire
- Academic records from current school
- At least one teacher recommendation
- $50 application fee (for those who apply after Oct. 15)
How does University select the students it admits?
University High School evaluates applicants based on their academic abilities and their character. We consider student maturity, attitude toward learning, and behavior. We also seek evidence of independence, involvement, and concern for others.