How to Apply
Choosing a high school is a big decision, but we’re thrilled you’re considering University High School. Here’s how to submit your application for admission to University High School.
Note: Families interested in transferring after the start of the 9th grade year should visit our transfer student page for more information on the transfer student application process.
(Steps 1-3 may be completed in any order.)
1. Schedule an in-person or virtual shadow visit. Spending a school day at University High School is the best way to see our community in action. For the remainder of the fall 2020 semester, we are offering virtual shadow visit opportunities. Visit the shadow visit page for details.
2. Submit school records. Student records (download the student record release form) and a letter of recommendation are required. School records from the past two school years, as well as a standardized test result from the past two years, are preferred (if available).
3. Submit your application and supporting documents. Families may apply online to University High School. Our two application deadlines for the 2021-22 school year are as follows:
- Early Admission Deadline (No Application Fee!) — Nov. 1, 2020
- Regular Admission Deadline ($50 Application Fee) — Dec. 15, 2020
4. Check the mail. Admission decisions will be mailed approximately two weeks after each application deadline.
Note: The application for admission is independent from the application from financial aid. Families interested in receiving financial aid must submit that application separately.
If you have any questions about the application process or the school itself, please contact Nancy Webster, director of admission, at 317-733-4475, ext. 120 or via email at email@example.com, or contact Taylor Newell, director of admission, at 317-733-4475, ext. 121 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. University High School welcomes students without regard to race, gender, religious affiliation, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status.