Join Us for a Shadow Visit
Spending a school day at University High School is, for many, the best part of the high school search. Through a shadow visit, prospective students spend a full day attending classes, meeting students, talking to teachers, and experiencing life as a Trailblazer.
Things to KNOW Before Your Visit
- The school day begins at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 3:15 p.m. (Mondays are the exception, with a delayed start at 9:15 a.m.) Guests are expected to spend a full day with us, unless arrangements are made with a Director of Admission.
- Kindly bring the following to your visit: a notebook and a pen or pencil (tablet or laptop is optional). Guests may bring their own lunch if they prefer, but lunch will also be provided by the school.
- Dress for the weather, as students regularly walk between buildings. Students may also spend time outdoors during lunch, academic flex time, and classes.
- You will be assigned a student host to greet you upon arrival, take you to classes, introduce you to students and teachers, and accompany you throughout the day. You will likely receive a welcome text or email from that student host prior to your visit day.
- At some point during the visit, you will have a short conversation with a faculty member who serves on our admission committee. In this conversation, you will have the opportunity to ask questions, and we will learn more about you and what you’re looking for in your high school experience.
Schedule a Shadow visit
Shadow visit dates for the 2023-24 school year will open in early August. Students in grades 8 and up are encouraged to join us for a shadow visit sometime in the fall semester, as the shadow visit is a required step in a student’s application for admission.
If you have any questions about the shadow visit or leading up to your shadow visit, please feel free to contact one of our Directors of Admission. You can reach Taylor Newell at 317-733-4475, ext. 121 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can reach Ashley Crockett-Lohr at 317-733-4475, ext. 120 or email@example.com.