The 2018-19 school year will be here before we know it! Here is some back-to-school information new and returning students and families will need to know before Monday, August 13.
Mark Your Calendar!
The all-school ice cream social will be held in The U Center on Sunday, August 12 from 4-6 p.m. New and returning students and their families are encouraged to attend. This event is hosted by the UHS Parent Association.
The first day of classes is Monday, August 13. We will begin the day at 8:15 a.m. with an assembly in Andrews Hall, and parents are welcome to attend.
Important Information for All Students
- Summer Reading. The 2018 summer reading selection is Callings: The Purpose and Passion of Work by Dave Isay. Download the 2018 summer reading guide, which includes details about the book and poses questions to consider as you read.
- Purchasing Textbooks. Download the textbook list for 2018-19.
- Ordering Lunch. Schoolhouse Fare is the lunch provider for University High School. Online ordering for 2018-19 is open.
- Athletic Information. All athletes (especially those participating in fall sports) must complete the necessary forms and physicals required for each school year. Visit the University High School Athletics website to download those forms.
- Courses and Schedules. 2018-19 course schedules will be posted in My BackPack in late June.
- Laptop Reimaging. All students, new and returning, are required to bring in their computer over the summer for important software updates and program upgrades. Contact Apple Help Desk to schedule your appointment.
- Transcripts and Work Permits. If you need a transcript or work permit, please email Kathy Davis.
- Bus. University High School will offer bus routes to Midtown Indianapolis and Geist/Fishers in 2018-19.
Important Information for New Students
Visit our new student welcome page to learn more about orientation, the freshman retreat, laptop purchasing, and everything else you’ll need to know about starting at University High School in the fall. The business, admission, technology and athletic offices are open for most of the summer, but if you have questions about any other items, please contact Kathy Davis.