The 2019-20 school year will be here before we know it! Here is some back-to-school information new and returning students and families will need to know before Monday, August 12.
Mark Your Calendar!
The all-school ice cream social will be held in The U Center on Sunday, August 11 from 4-6 p.m. New and returning students and their families are encouraged to attend. This event is hosted by the UHS Parent Association.
The first day of classes is Monday, August 12. We will begin the day at 8:15 a.m. with an assembly in Andrews Hall, and parents are welcome to attend.
Important Information for All Students
- Summer Reading. The 2019 summer reading selection is Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut. Visit the 2019 summer reading information page for details about the book and questions to consider as you read.
- Purchasing Textbooks. The textbook list for the fall semester is now available! Download the fall semester textbook list. We recommend you search by ISBN for all course materials. Students will need their textbooks for the first day of classes.
- Ordering Lunch. Schoolhouse Fare is the lunch provider for University High School. Online ordering for 2019-20 will open on Tuesday, July 30.
- Athletic Information. All athletes (especially those participating in fall sports) must complete the necessary forms and physicals required for each school year. Visit the University High School Athletics website to download those forms.
- Courses and Schedules. 2019-20 course schedules will be posted in My BackPack in late June.
- Transcripts and Work Permits. If you need a transcript or work permit, please email Kathy Davis.
Important Information for New Students
Visit our new student welcome page to learn more about orientation, the freshman retreat, laptop purchasing and reimaging, and everything else you’ll need to know about starting at University High School in the fall. The business, admission, technology and athletic offices are open for most of the summer, but if you have questions about any other items, please contact Dave Vesper, associate head of school, at email@example.com.